[WikiEN-l] Attack blogs in WP:LIVING articles

david at election.demon.co.uk david at election.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 12:11:20 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman asks The Cunctator:

>What do you think should be the circumstances under which we link an
>attack blog from an article on a living individual?

I would answer this question as follows: Only if the blog has been
referred to by mainstream publication, and is mentioned in the text.

The situation would be different where (as in the case of people like
Noam Chomsky) there exists a separate article devoted to criticism.
WP:BLP still applies to such an article, but more extensive linking
would be appropriate. In such a case I would judge the value of the
link by the contents of the blog.

david at election.demon.co.uk - Ta fys aym.