[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Jim Schuler jim62sch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 09:32:19 UTC 2006

> Rob wrote:
> > On 11/30/06, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Remember, there is a difference between modern neo-nazi parties and
> >> the German Nazi party of the 1930s and 40s. They may have the same
> >> political beliefs, but they are different parties. This user is not a
> >> mass murderer, he just happens to agree with one on political issues.
> >
> > If anything, the modern Nazi advocate is worse, because he or she has
> > no excuse for not knowing what the Nazi agenda is really about.  A
> > modern Nazi is of course not a mass murderer, merely a wannabe mass
> > murderer, but the only difference between the two is skill and
> > opportunity.
>
> In this case, it is not so much about Nazi or non-Nazi.  It's about
> trolling.  Don't feed the trolls.
>
> Do you know what trolls like to eat?  They thrive on getting good people
> to fight with each other.  Yum Yum.  It's boring.  Best to treat it as
> boring and move on.
>
> --Jimbo

In this case, I don't see us as fighting but as discussing.  Yes, the
discussion may get heated at times, but that's OK, as discussions, heated or
calm, are how we build consensus.  In other words, there's a value to this
exercise, so long as it doesn't degenerate into pettiness.

--
Jim
http://iacobomus.blogspot.com/