[WikiEN-l] CITE

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 16:26:07 UTC 2006

On 31/08/06, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note also that unless it got changed again, you are specifically told
> not to {{cite}} tag or remove information you don't actually think
> might be erroneous.

That's inward facing though, to the person. There's way more
information on the internet than in any one persons head and some of
the true things will sound wrong, and they're often the very things we
want to keep in the encyclopedia the most; we *want* people to learn
things.

My point is that the policy should encourage at least a half-assed
check. Right now it amounts to 'if it sounds wrong to me, it's ok to
delete'.

(I exagerate, but not a lot.)

It's just *begging* for POV bias, conscious or unconscious.

I think we need to encourage people to check more, and add references
more. It's the only way to build a better encyclopedia.

--
-Ian Woollard

"Victory can be perceived but not created."
For your own security, the Department of Homeland Security is watching you.