[WikiEN-l] Asteroids

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 03:06:04 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, ScottL <scott at mu.org> wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
> > On 30/08/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Not a good idea since that is all we know about most asteroids and
> those data would be far more
> >> useful in a big table of asteroids, not on individual pages for each
> space rock.
> >> In fact, the basics are already in the List of asteroids tables.
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_asteroids_%2839001-40000%29
> >> We can just add to the table.
> >

> > Excellent! So what we need then is a forest of redirects.
> >

> > - d.
>
>   Ok, this is an even better idea.  I am a strong believer in the idea
> that 50 articles that have no hope of ever becoming more than a stub can
> (sometimes) make a single good article.  We might want to add links to
> the various online DB's that are essentially the primary sources for
> most of this as well.  I think most of the major astro catalogs are
> available online now days.
>

> SKL

Folks,

I would be happy with that if we don't have a lot  of information
about them.

I suspect that over time with researchers working on studies of these bodies
more information will become available about them and we will be able to
expand some of them into legitimate articles.

Regards

*Keith Old*