[WikiEN-l] "Approved" versions on Wikipedia FAQ

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:19:15 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 8/30/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/30/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> > > Did what? You deny he's restricted editing in the past, or that he
> > > called it becoming more open?
> >
> > Where did Jimbo "decide to restrict editing" and then "called it
> > becoming more open".
> >
> I have no idea where he did it, but one instance would be when
> creation of new articles was restricted.

He said it on his blog, IIRC. It was in reply to (I believe) that
textfiles.com guy, Scott something (or was it Nicholas Carr?), who was
going around saying that semi-protection proved Wikipedia was a
failure. It was mentioned here several times.

Here we go: http://blog.jimmywales.com/index.php/archives/2006/06/17/the-new-york-times-gets-it-exactly-backwards/

:"Let me rewrite the headline and first paragraph for them: "Wikipedia
Becomes More Open""

~maru