[WikiEN-l] Policy across different languages

dmehkeri at swi.com dmehkeri at swi.com
Wed Aug 30 14:43:36 UTC 2006

> 5. _Wikipedia does not have firm rules_.  Good ol' IAR, here, boys. Much
>     as Certain People may complain about it, it's one of the pillars on
>     which rests our hopes and our success so far.
>
> Now, '4' and '5' can be regarded as peculiar to the English Wikipedia.

French Wikipedia AfD for IAR:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Pages_à_supprimer/Wikipédia:Ignorez_les_règles

I'm not sure what you would all have made of this if I just left it without
comment.

Instead I will mention that a translation of an old version of the english IAR
was already (and still is) written right into the main rules page.

I can easily see us getting entirely the wrong impression from the Russian
Verifiability thing.

Dan