[WikiEN-l] You realise this means [[Pokemon]] has to be brought to feature quality. (was Well darn, Pokemon is important after all.)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:03:28 UTC 2006

On 30/08/06, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:

> It really is a case of "be careful what you wish for", isn't it?
> We were quite pleased over at en.wiktionary when Leon turned
> stats on there for us a couple of days previously, but the joy
> is now mixed with rue as we learn that among our most popular
> entries, so far, are consistently MILF, penis, fuck, masturbate,
> and breasts.

What it tells us is that it is absolutely vital that said articles be
of the highest possible quality, and in fact should be brought to
Featured Article status as absolutely soon as possible. (Seriously.)

> (It's true, though; clearly we'll all want to wait weeks or
> months before we can imagine that the stats in general aren't
> swamped by fixations du jour.)

Fixations du jour are fine, at least spread over a month. If that many
people are interested in a given article over a whole month, that's a
significant topic and we have no real excuse for not having it be
featured or near-featured quality. We're no. 17 on Alexa 3-month
average, no. 15 today - that many readers are *significant*.

- d.