[WikiEN-l] [[Template:FA/BeenOnMainPage]]

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Wed Aug 30 10:28:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

please take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:FA/BeenOnMainPage&action=history

The template causes pages to become invalid XHTML. (Not in a majorly
serious way, but still.) I fixed that. Unfortunately, it breaks the CSS
rules people have put into their user CSS to style it. Thus I was reverted.

What is the proper avenue for this kind of situation? The "normal user"
will, of course, just think I broke it and revert it, without caring
about XHTML conformance. The correct way however required for those
users to fix their CSS. What do I do?

Timwi