[WikiEN-l] WP:LIVING and "sensitivity" again

Sydney aka FloNight poore5 at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 29 21:06:37 UTC 2006

---- Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
> Our pop culture articles are rubbish, and they definitely need no more
> encouragement toward a hagiographic point of view.

Very much agreed.  I am very against any suggestion that strongly
sourced, accurate negative information that is relevant to the
person's notability/notoriety should be removed from articles for
'sensitivity'.

I am in favor of being very tough about the 'well sourced' part,
though, and about the notability of life details.  Not everything
about their private lives that has been e.g. dragged out in divorce
court is really notable.

-Matt
Matt and David,

Matt's comment is the intent of the BLP policy with the inclution of sensitivity theme.

IO, being sensitive to the fact that details about a living person's life can cause harm, editors need to be very sure that the information is notable, relevant, and verifiable.
When in doubt error on the side of do no harm. This in no way says that all criticism or negative should be removed from articles.

Sydney aka FloNight