[WikiEN-l] [[User:Jon_Awbrey]] and [[Wikipedia:Wikilawyering]]

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 18:58:46 UTC 2006

On 28/08/06, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> [User:Jon_Awbrey]] has moved [[Wikipedia:Wikilawyering]] to
> [[Wikipedia:WikiCaviling]], on the grounds that he claims the
> original title is defamatory to lawyers.  However, politically-
> incorrect or not, "Wikilawyering" is the actual terminology that has
> been in use on Wikipedia's discussion areas; "WikiCaviling" is an
> ugly neologism with no support that I know of.  Page titles should
> reflect actual usage instead of attempting to impose political
> correctness.

I'[ve moved it back. Either Jon is trolling, in which case he doesn't
deserve any more than the page being moved back and locked in place
(which I've done), or he really doesn't appreciate how stupid this is
- and he's reverted it being moved at least once so far - in which
case no mere discussion will sway him and there's no plausible reason
to wait on such.

- d.