[WikiEN-l] WTF Have I Missed?

dmehkeri at swi.com dmehkeri at swi.com
Mon Aug 28 14:27:11 UTC 2006

> In this variation, stubs/new articles/obscure articles that a few
> people read each year all get shown at the latest version, because
> nobody will have bothered to mark a particular revision with the flag;
> it's only on higher-traffic pages -- which, for the most part, would
> be the ones where vandalism is more prevalent -- that the use of the
> flag would come into play.

Vandalism may occur more often on higher-traffic pages, but then again, I doubt
it is anything near to the majority of defacement. I think "Bob si a fag0rt"
actually gets fairly widely distributed, and most of that crap would still go
live immediately under this proposal. Perhaps that is not a problem, if we are
mostly concerned with higher-traffic pages.

> Will this fragment Wikipedia? Will there be different rules for
> Japanese, French, Polish, Dutch.... and the rest?

It seems to me there already are. I don't believe fr.wp restricts anon page
creation, for instance.