[WikiEN-l] WP:NPOV and images (possible policy update)

Carl Peterson carlopeterson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 01:19:11 UTC 2006

On 8/27/06, Stephen Streater <sbstreater at mac.com> wrote:

> On 27 Aug 2006, at 18:23, Cheney Shill wrote:
> > I had thought that "All Wikipedia articles" covered all content,
> > but apparently "written" is taken in the most restrictive lawyer-
> > loop-hole sense.
>
> I agree the main NPOV article is the best place to start (though I
> couldn't resist the temptation to fix a couple of things anyway).
> Otherwise we'll need separate sections for NPOV in animations,
> diagrams, photographs, videos, B/W film, ...

Perhaps the nutshell needs to be:

All Wikipedia articles must be written from a *neutral point of view*,
representing views fairly and without bias. This also includes all media and
their captions, reader-facing templates, categories, and portals.

This generalizes it from maps or maps and images to all forms of media, in
addition to the captions used for those media.

-Carl