[WikiEN-l] WTF Have I Missed?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 17:45:26 UTC 2006

On 8/27/06, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Anonymous readers of an article will be displayed the most recent
> revision of that article which has been marked by a trusted user as
> being free of vandalism.
[snip]

Of course, 'Trusted user' is a complicated issue in and of itself.

I can't stress enough that only Dewiki is currently discussing this,
not Enwiki... Their experiences will be more valuable to us than
*months* of speculation on the list, so until we have the data the
speculation is likely pointless.

Once Dewiki has used this long enough to learn some things we should
begin discussing it for enwiki.  It is possible, and likely, that the
details of any future implementation on enwiki will be different from
dewiki based on their experiences and our differing community
dynamics.

There will be an opportunity for all of us to provide input before any
such changes on enwiki.

So please lets not begin a huge argument about something thats not yet
well enough defined to argue about... I don't want to see us get burnt
out on the subject before we have enough data to make *good*
decisions.