[WikiEN-l] [[New anti-Semitism]] and violations of NPOV re: top image

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 22:51:33 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Cheney Shill <halliburton_shill at yahoo.com> wrote:
> To me, the most important aspect of NPOV has nothing to do with being "fair".  It has to do with removing your own personal opinion and accepting that of the experts on the topic, thus satisfying verifiability, even if it goes against what you prefer or previously believed.
>
> Given that Britannica is both an easy target here and not NPOV according to your original research, do you have a paradigm for NPOV other than yourself and Wiki?

s/experts/previously notable/

Calling someone an expert requires a difficult value judgement. We
don't find experts we find notable sources.. who are usually notable
because they are experts or because they are very much not experts. ;)

Importantly, we don't present their views as fact.. we attribute them.
 (unless, of course, were presenting widely agreed on info.. in which
case, we optimise out part of the buffering language)