[WikiEN-l] [[New anti-Semitism]] and violations of NPOV re: top image

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:25:46 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Fastfission <fastfission at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/24/06, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The photograph perfectly reflects the debate about new anti-Semitism.
> > Some people look at it and instantly see a highly anti-Semitic image.
> > Others see an anti-Zionist one. Others again see the latter but
> > believe there's sometimes not a big difference between the two. So it
> > is with new anti-Semitism, as the article describes.

> If the picture is supposed to represent a debate, perhaps the caption
> should say so? I don't think it would be ridiculous to have a caption
> which says something to the effect of what you've written above, i.e.
> "Some would claim that this poster is anti-Semitic, while others would
> claim that it is only anti-Zionist; the distinction between the two is
> a key point of debate in discussions of any 'new anti-Semitism.'"

Fastfission, I agree with you, and in a sane and rational world, I'd
have written exactly the kind of caption you suggest. Unfortunately,
with these highly politicized articles on Wikipedia, particularly
anything connected to Israel, rationality and common sense are the
first things to fly out the window, and it is very hard to get any
intelligent editing done.

Sarah