[WikiEN-l] Idealism

Garion96 garion96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 01:15:41 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/24/06, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Ideally, Wikipedia should be developed to the point where
> >
> >  1) it is the canonical reference resource on the web.
> >  2) a) such that articles reference other articles as sources
> >       for the current discussion, or
> >    b) articles should only reference outside sources and
> >       never other articles.
>
> If you're saying "Wikipedia articles should have a reference for every
> statement of fact, and none of those references should be Wikipedia",
> then yes, that goes without saying.

Concerning option 2b. I don't think articles should reference (as a source)
other articles, I recently sourced a people with some disease list and
noticed how far the list and the articles included in the list were
different. Some had indead the disease sourced, some didn't mention the
disease, some had sources removed etc etc.

Garion96