[WikiEN-l] [[New anti-Semitism]] and violations of NPOV re: top image

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:01:26 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Scott Stevenson <wikinetscott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I always find it strange how folks will argue, "well it's wrong over there
> so it can be wrong over here". Wrongness elsewhere never lessens wrongness
> regarding the given item of discussion.

However, that was, of course, not the argument made. Rather the
argument was the exact opposite.

> Now there are quite a few editors agreeing with what I was saying about NPOV
> and the lead image as the article's edit history shows (even two editors
> going so far as to outright remove the image from the article).

Yes, many people find the picture disturbing, as you did, and will try
to think of almost any imaginable rationale to make it disappear
somehow (again, as you did). Of course, like you, the people actually
removing it can't actually quote any policy that would require its
removal. But it's a very powerful image, and people just *know* they
have to get rid of it somehow.

Jay.