[WikiEN-l] Blocking anon page creation was an experiment, wasn't it?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 22 23:50:45 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> [snip]
>> Deleted versions can't be relied on, who knows when the deletion
>> database will be cleared again?
>
> That doesn't reflect our current practices.

Do you know of anyplace I could find out what our current practices are?
 I hunted around a bit and deletion review was the only policy page I
could find that mentioned the issue one way or another. If it's
inaccurate I should correct it.

>> All I ask is a little transparency. There's no reason for any of this to
>> be kept secret.
>
> What do you think is being kept secret.

In your previous post all you said was "Analysis has been done, results
will be published." Who's doing the analysis? Is there any indication of
where and when will the results be published? Finding out anything about
what's been going on with this "experiment" has been like pulling teeth,
it's nine months in now and this is the first time I've heard even this
much.

> Don't mistake Jimbo's inability to be simultaneously aware of the work
> of every single participant as an indicator of secrecy.

It's my own inability to find out any of these details myself that I'm
more worried about.