[WikiEN-l] Blocking anon page creation was an experiment, wasn't it?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 22:38:53 UTC 2006

> New articles are still important, as you've pointed out... But I've
> seen no evidence that new article creation belongs even on the top 100
> task list for making our encyclopedia not suck.

True. OTOH, writing new articles is easy. OTOOH, it behooves those of
us who find something we wanted to look up in Wikipedia isn't there
and promptly write an article for it to write a *good* article. I try
to. At least a clear description and a good reference. Something that
will be *of use* to a reader who wants to know about the topic. (Last
example created by me: [[lxrun]]).

I don't want to add something saying this to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Newarticletext unless we can
sensibly remove something else (per the wisdom of [[m:instruction
creep]]. Ideas to talk page thereof please.

- d.