[WikiEN-l] perjorative terms under [[WP:LIVING]] in article lead

Joe Szilagyi joe at rootology.com
Tue Aug 22 21:41:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

There's a dispute going on that relates to the defamation discussion
that is ongoing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Biographies_of_living_persons#.22Conspiracy_theorist.22

Specifically, the question is whether labeling someone a conspiracy
theorist is pejorative and a violation of policy, and if it's
sourced--if he is considered one--whether it should be in the article
lead. I agree with this: "It should not be WP editorial position to
characterize anyone in such a pejorative term (no matter how accurate),
but presenting outside characterization is OK."

But other editors are strongly disagreeing on this article and related
ones, and I would like some clarification, especially as the subjects of
these articles are known to read these articles.
--

Regards,
Joe