[WikiEN-l] Blocking anon page creation was an experiment, wasn't it?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:23:34 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> We could have been up to 1.6 million articles? Who
> knows.

Is it a bad thing that we're not?

We have a *lot* of articles, and I think we're well past the point
where we can say that more is better without careful consideration.

It is clear that it's generally easier to monitor one low traffic
article for vandalism than 10 very low traffic articles.  I don't know
exactly where those breakpoints are... but it does seem intuitive that
past some point additional articles will increase our workload more
than they increase the informative value of the project.