[WikiEN-l] More about PR firms

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:02:38 UTC 2006

> PR firms can't effectively completely change their identity twice a
> week... doing so would substantially obstruct their ability to obtain
> and maintain customer relationships.

This is an interesting point. If we can get to a point where PR firms
edit under a disclosed name (by making transparent editing beneficial
to them), then they have an incentive in not doing anything stupid
here: protecting their reputation. No PR company would want a story
"PR company blatantly inserts bias at Wikipedia" written about them.
That's just bad PR after all.

I'm still keen to hear what this "appearance of impropiety" thing is
that we're so keen to avoid.

Steve