[WikiEN-l] Process is evil

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 18:07:23 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/21/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/21/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Policy something you should think very hard before not following.
> > > Guidelines are something to be ignored if they get between you and
> > > your objective. Any questions?
> >
> > '''and your objective'''.
>
> I don't like that phrasing.  "And the project's objective", maybe.
> Otherwise if your objective is to disrupt, or to POV-push, or to ...
>
> -Matt

Right.

In addition to those who are simply knowingly disruptive, there are also
people who deeply and honestly feel that any attempt to, for example (their
opinions not mine), continue to publish articles about this mythical
Holocaust thing are an attempt to supress the superior white race.

I respect those people's right to hold an opinion, but their objective is
not one I want them to be able to project onto their interactions with WP.
The process of consensus and minority viewpoint representation is important
to help ensure that those people don't get to have more influence on
Wikipedia.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com