[WikiEN-l] Defamation policy

Jossi Fresco jossifresco at mac.com
Mon Aug 21 03:45:25 UTC 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:

> I'm particularly concerned about the "or its talk page" bit.

What about doing some "transposing" here, and  put ourselves in the
shoes of that living person about which unsourced or poorly sourced
negative material is posted in an article or talk page? Would we
still be having this conversation?

Jimbo's comment about "Most of us do care passionately about the
ethics of what we are doing, and how it affects people" is worthy of
being featured prominently somewhere in our policy pages.

-- Jossi