[WikiEN-l] Defamation policy

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Aug 20 21:04:02 UTC 2006

Guettarda wrote:
> On 8/18/06, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> --- Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> there are lots of ways material can be discussed *without*
>>> directly referring to it.
>>>
>> Like what?
>>

> Like saying "the material I removed from the article" without saying "the
> claims about marital infidelity with person X that I removed from the
> article".  There are lots of ways to talk around an issue without actually
> saying the defamatory thing.

But then how is anyone supposed to research it?  If somebody requests
information on "the claim about marital infidelity with person X", I can
search Lexis-Nexis to see if any such claim has been made in the media,
and source it if so.  I can't search on Lexis-Nexis for claims that
aren't specified.

-Mark