[WikiEN-l] Defamation policy hypothetical

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Aug 20 02:41:09 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
> Notability at the fact level is even harder to determine than
> notability at the subject level. Ask a republican whether Bush's
> alleged administrative adventures in the National Guard were
> "notable". Ask a Democrat the same.

Hmm, I might be convinced by what you are saying here, but this example
does not seem compelling to me.  I think, based on my limited
recollection of this case, that it more or less turned out that the
"alleged administrative adventures" were more or less cooked up, i.e.
that this was a non-scandal.  But I would suspect that reasonable
Republicans would take the same view that I do: the overall incident is
still notable, of course.

But I still might agree with your basic point, that notability at the
fact level is harder to determine that notability at the subject level.