[WikiEN-l] CITE nazis

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:16:53 UTC 2006

On 16/08/06, Dabljuh <dabljuh at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:29:29 +0100
> "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The perennial proposals to run article forks seem to me to embrace
> > pathological behaviour. Most articles really aren't problematic.
>
> Sure, most articles aren't problematic. They're just unverifiable
> nonsense vanity cruft ;)
>
> But I *promise* you that you won't ever find a good solution for
> shit like libanon-israel or circumcision or - you name it - without
> making signed forks, where different (sets of) people can write
> multiple coherent articles about the same thing, instead of
> forcing everybody to mess with the same one.

You keep writing suggesting this. But the fact is, intentionally
POV-forked articles are simply never going to exist on the Wikipedia
project. The culture just won't accept it; the basic operating rules
just won't extend to it. If you feel it is so essential, please feel
free to take the database, fork it, and go work on another project.

But continually harping on about forked! articles! solution! to! all!
problems! achieves nothing.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk