[WikiEN-l] CITE nazis

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Wed Aug 16 15:36:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:26:56 +0200
"Steve Bennett" <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/15/06, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Somebody mentioned Wikinfo, which IIRC splits its articles
> > according different general points of view. That's at least
> > workable and in extreme cases might resemble our /draft method,
> > but ultimately the goal is integration according to NPOV.
>
> I think the quality of two separate articles written by
> anti-circumcisionists and pro-circumcisionists would be a hell of a
> lot worse than a single article fought over by both groups. At least
> we force them to engage with each other and find a tiny bit of common
> ground.

Disagree. An article is an argument (a presentation thereof)
and two people editing the same article is like two people talking at
the same time, never letting the other ever talk.

With two separate articles, there is of course still interaction -
but now, the two people are trying to outdo each other who has the
better article. Think about THAT.