[WikiEN-l] CITE nazis

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:29:29 UTC 2006

On 16/08/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/15/06, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Somebody mentioned Wikinfo, which IIRC splits its articles
> > according different general points of view. That's at least
> > workable and in extreme cases might resemble our /draft method,
> > but ultimately the goal is integration according to NPOV.

> I think the quality of two separate articles written by
> anti-circumcisionists and pro-circumcisionists would be a hell of a
> lot worse than a single article fought over by both groups. At least
> we force them to engage with each other and find a tiny bit of common
> ground.

In that particular case, I also like what actually happened: activists
put out calls to action on mailing lists to push a POV, and ... a lot
of the people came to Wikipedia, liked what they saw and started
contributing with a view to NPOV. Informed by their POV, but not under
its spell.

The perennial proposals to run article forks seem to me to embrace
pathological behaviour. Most articles really aren't problematic.

- d.