[WikiEN-l] Invited by admin to leave en if concerned about free reusability

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue Aug 15 13:08:09 UTC 2006

G'day geni,

> On 8/15/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> * Speedy deletion (it's vanity!  You must speedy it!)
>
> CSD A7

An article can be vanity and still not speediable.  People seem to
interpret A7, however, to mean anything that they think is vanity
(whether it is or not; whether it's a good article or not) must be speedied.

>> * Image copyright (if you tag it as "fair use" it can't be deleted!)
>
> Fortunetly there is a loophole in the current set up with no one
> appears to have found a way to close.

Well, there's always IfD.  Also, there are moves (successful?) to make
fair-use-with-a-shit-rationale speediable.  Either way, it's deletable,
if not right away.  {{fairuse}} doesn't make you safe.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"