[WikiEN-l] CITE nazis

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 11:56:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

stevertigo, I am *very* with the problem you
are describing. I don't think WP:CITE itself
is the cause of the problem. WP:OWN is.
The cause of the problem is Article Squatters.

I suggest to completely change the meaning
of WP:OWN.

The Remedy I suggest is to have multiple versions
of an article about the same topic, written each
by different sets of people. In the way that
NPOV on a controversial subject cannot be achieved
in a single article, but only by using multiple
articles that are each WP:OWNed by different sets
of people.

So, say you're writing about, uh, bunnies, and
MisterX joins in and you quickly figure out that
you cannot work together, then instead of sinking
into this HELLHOLE of edit warring, you'd each get
[[bunnies_(by_stevertigo)]] and [[bunnies_(by_misterX)]]

and [[bunnies]] itself being no more than a disambiguation
page.

Alternative, turn wikipedia into a metawikipedia that
just contains links to other free online encyclopedia's
entries. Its about the same thing, just the branding
is different.