[WikiEN-l] CITE nazis

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 15 03:19:50 UTC 2006

Stevertigo wrote:
> --- Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
>> To exhaustively, regimentedly cite every well-known fact in every
>> article would be ugly, unwieldy, and overbearing.  But it's equally
>> obvious that, the bigger and more popular Wikipedia gets, the harder
>> it is to rely on "obvious" or "ought to" rules which depend on people
>> being reasonable.
>
> So are you saying AGF (a subpolicy of CIVIL, (predecessor too, actually))
> is out the window too?

Not out the window, no, though perhaps standing uncomfortably
close to it.  (I said "the harder it is to", not "it's now
impossible to".)

I'd love it if we could hang onto WP:AGF, WP:BOLD, WP:IAR, and
the rest forever.  But we'll be different from every large
society the world has ever known if we can manage that.