[WikiEN-l] Bye.

Joseph Hiegel jahiegel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 14 06:12:28 UTC 2006

"I've said it before and I've no doubt I'll keep on saying it
as long as you're a sysop: pull your bloody head in.  Regardless of what
Nathan's done, there's a line, and I'm sick and tired of watching you
cross it, even by the smallest of margins."

  Since someone would probably think it indecorous of me to give you an on-Wiki barnstar for this, please accept this * as my own special thanks for your expressing quite succinctly the concerns that, well, many of us have apropos of Cyde...

  Cordially,

  Joe
  [[User:Jahiegel]]

Gallagher Mark George <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

G'day Nathan,

> So it seems that several admins have taken only one
> side of a complicated situation and have indef blocked
> me for being honest and defending myself.
>
> It was fun to be on Wikipedia until now.
>
> Thanks Cyde, you really made my stay worthwhile.

What on Earth happened? Could someone give a brief, fair, etc. summary? From what I can see (looking during my lunch break, I swear!), there's a very disturbing allegation obliquely made against you? If true, I can't blame people for being upset.

On the other hand, I see there's a taunting note on your talkpage from CydeWeys about you leaving. Now, people who declare "Goobye!" all the time piss me off too (see MeatballWiki), but that's just not appropriate conduct for an administrator. Cyde, I assume you're still reading the list. I've said it before and I've no doubt I'll keep on saying it as long as you're a sysop: pull your bloody head in. Regardless of what Nathan's done, there's a line, and I'm sick and tired of watching you cross it, even by the smallest of margins.

--
Mark Gallagher