[WikiEN-l] Invited by admin to leave en if concerned about free reusability

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 08:35:27 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, jkelly at fas.harvard.edu <jkelly at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  I think that there is plenty of room for contributors to wikimedia projects
> who aren't interested in the potential for reuse of those projects, but I am
> wondering where en is at if admins are actively dissuading contributors who
> value it.

Incidentally, why has no one pointed out that what "admins" think is
irrelevant. They have no particular standing within the project, and
no more say than anyone else on *any* issue. Admins are employed to
take care of obvious vandals and various other boring tasks. They
don't decide who stays and who goes.

Steve