[WikiEN-l] Invited by admin to leave en if concerned about free reusability

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 21:41:56 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, jkelly at fas.harvard.edu <jkelly at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> ...over my apparantly too-conservative approach to unfree content or my
> understanding of Wikipedia as part of the free culture movement.  The comment
> was strangely phrased, because it ended with "If you're here to do other things
> than make the best possible free encyclopedia..." while the rest of it was
> railing against "some la-di-da free culture movement love-in", so I may be

The way I see this is, if your actions have an overall positive impact
on our mission of producing a high quality free encyclopaedia, then
your motivations aren't really relevant to anyone. You can be here as
part of a free culture movement, or you can be here as part of an
insidious plan to educate the world on the joys of stamp collecting,
but as long as your edits advance *our* goals, then who cares?

Also, some people are twats.

Steve