[WikiEN-l] Challenge: explain NPOV in a sentence.

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:46:26 UTC 2006

Dabljuh wrote:
<snip>
> Since your statement appears to imply that you want
> constructive suggestions, here's one.
>
> Give WP:NPOV a "facts override" clause. That is,
> if something is a simple and verifiable fact, npov is
> not meant to relativate it when a majority of people
> are misinformed or simply don't like the information.

All attempts to determine the Truth instead of the NPOV are predestined
to be complete failures for the simple reason that the Truth is a
construct of the mind and as such necessarily subjective.
-- Loom91's First Law

Wikipedia is not the venue for negotiating ultimate truth nor the secret
history of the world. They have Usenet for that.
-- Geogre's Law

Wikipedia is about verifiable facts, not truth. If it's truth you're
looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall.
-- Andjam's first law