[WikiEN-l] Norman Technologies AfD

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:37:03 UTC 2006

> I have indef banned MyWikiBiz from English Wikipedia.
>
> If he wants to do something like this, he should write his articles
> independently, post them on his website, and see if interested
> Wikipedians who are willing to vouch for the articles... WITHOUT
> FINANCIAL COMPENSATION... want to include them.

Oh, dear. We have just sent out a clear message: "If you wish to get
paid to write on Wikipedia, please do not use a transparent process.
Please do not attempt to engage with the community, and please,
whatever you do, do not tell us that you actually got paid for the
article. If anyone asks, deny, deny, deny".

This guy was approaching this in exactly the right way, and the
outcome was good.

Meanwhile, I'm sure lots of big companies *do* edit their own
articles, but they *don't* tell us what they're doing, and we're ok
with that?

Steve