[WikiEN-l] Article bragging (was: Re: en: well on the way to ... 2 million!)

Violet/Riga violetriga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:50:44 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice that the common thread in all of these articles (except Eric
> Harshbarger) was that I knew absolutely nothing whatsoever about the
> topic when I started writing them. Kind of a disturbing trend when you
> think about it, if Wikipedia is mostly written by people who know
> nothing about what they're writing about...
>
> Steve

I actually think that it can be a very positive thing.  I've written
articles about things I knew nothing about but that just made me do plenty
of research and referencing, as opposed to writing about things I think I
know about (and making mistakes).
Bragging examples include Albert Bigelow
Paine<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Bigelow_Paine>,
"You're never alone with a
Strand<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_never_alone_with_a_Strand>",
Cow fighting <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_fighting>, and Conger
cuddling <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conger_cuddling>.  The last two
reflect my current love for unusual articles.

~~~~ Violet/Riga