[WikiEN-l] Challenge: explain NPOV in a sentence.

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 17:55:51 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Dabljuh <dabljuh at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:39:39 +0930
> "Alphax (Wikipedia email)" <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...and your continued trolling is helping HOW, exactly?
>
> ... Same back to you?
>
> Maybe you're one of the people that go "If I ignore
> the problem hard enough, its gonna go away..."
>
> Since your statement appears to imply that you want
> constructive suggestions, here's one.
>
> Give WP:NPOV a "facts override" clause. That is,
> if something is a simple and verifiable fact, npov is
> not meant to relativate it when a majority of people
> are misinformed or simply don't like the information.
>
> Right now: Neurologist tries to change the neuron
> article so it says neurons regenerate (although slower
> with increasing age) and explains the dated myth as
> such. Then he gets bullied into leaving Wikipedia
> for "pushing his pov".
>
> With facts override: Neurologist succeeds, and
> ignorant idiots get their asses kicked.

That's exactly what every crackpot who has discovered "The TRUTH"
insists; they have the real facts, and all the reliable sources,
scientific studies, and peer reviewed articles in the world are simply
the work of "ignorant idiots".  And that's exactly the viewpoint that
got you banned from Wikipedia; you didn't care what the policies said,
or what reliable sources said, because you knew "The TRUTH", and
everyone else was simply ignorant.

Jay.