[WikiEN-l] Article bragging (was: Re: en: well on the way to ... 2 million!)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:38:25 UTC 2006

> Since late April, I've created [[Marc J. Rochkind]], [[Kumler,
> Illinois]], [[PALcode]], [[CYGM filter]], [[RGBE filter]],
> [[MySociety]], [[Envoy (WordPerfect)]], [[Smart terminal]], [[Smart
> Display]] and [[Ctelnet]]. (And a zillion redirectes.)

Ok, my turn. Recently I've created:
[[Adam Elliot]] (how did recent an Oscar-winning director not have an article?)
[[Adam Elliot (missionary)]] (well, I couldn't let the ambiguity go could I....)
[[Eric Harshbarger]] (builds lego stuff, I'm sure he'll get AfD'd)
[[Kate McTell]] - I did a lot of research on this almost totally
non-notable blues singer, who just happened to be married to a blues
legend. I was hoping to get paid for the article, but the person
offering the reward went AWOL 2 months ago :/
[[Mount Buggery]] - couldn't help myself
[[Smooth call]] (poker term)
[[Exposing to the right]] - photography term
[[John Long (climber)]]

And just to match your [[Smart Display]], I have [[Smartglass]]...

I notice that the common thread in all of these articles (except Eric
Harshbarger) was that I knew absolutely nothing whatsoever about the
topic when I started writing them. Kind of a disturbing trend when you
think about it, if Wikipedia is mostly written by people who know
nothing about what they're writing about...

Steve