[WikiEN-l] sign: Will Edit for Food

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 21:40:40 UTC 2006

On 08/08/06, Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:

> > http://mywikibiz.com/contactus.html
>
> Their main page refers to an article "Farsight Hotel" which happens to
> be deleted. The talk page is deleted too, but seems to be in a
> Reminder Page of some editor.
>
> Is this related to mywikibiz in any way?

The page was created by "Thekohser", and deleted on his request -
"There is no such hotel.  This article was intended for Sandbox.  My
apologies." - which is fair enough, we've all accidentally created
something in the wrong namespace. I assume it was only ever intended
as a fictional mockup.

"Thekohser" is Gregory Kohs, who is a reasonably active editor and
seems to have clue a'plenty. He is also the founder of, guess who...
http://mywikibiz.com/aboutus.html

The edits for the company seem to be, nicely and transparently, done
under User:MyWikiBiz. Look through the contributions - there's nothing
hideously bad there.

Paid-for editing is going to happen. We have it being done publicly,
cleanly, with standards and with clue. Not sure we've got much to
worry about.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk