[WikiEN-l] Challenge: explain NPOV in a sentence.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 13:31:26 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> Amazing that an arbitrator would not be familiar with this:
>
> [[Wikipedia:Neutral point of view]] contemplates inclusion of all
> significant points of view regarding a subject.

Let's go further: All articles must contain all significant viewpoints
about their topics, represented without bias, and given space in
proportion to their acceptance in the relevant communities.

Incidentally, [[WP:NPOV]] has (now that I think about it), an awful
and useless "nutshell" summary: "All Wikipedia articles must be
written from a neutral point of view, representing views fairly and
without bias. This includes maps, reader-facing templates, categories,
and portals."

It doesn't even mention the critical bit, that all relevant views are
supposed to be there. According to that summary, [[GWB]] could simply
contain GWB bashing with no rebuttal, as "fairly" representing the
views of Democrats...

Steve