[WikiEN-l] en: well on the way to ... 2 million!

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Aug 7 13:11:26 UTC 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 4:46 AM, David Gerard wrote:

> en:wp article 1,000,000 was four months ago. en: is already over
> 1,300,000. Two million will happen by April at latest, probably
> earlier.
>
> :-O
>
> This may be a useful number to mention when asked about Jimbo's
> comments on quality rather than quantity!
>
> What's the new stuff been? Is there any broad characterisation we can
> apply? I've been doing a lot of article work recently and may be
> responsible for ten or twenty of them ;-)
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Statistics

I did [[Chalk Bluffs]]. I was interested in it because I had lived
for years within a few miles of this interesting feature but had
never heard of it or gone out there. I think it is notable enough,
but I think it is a typical new article. The old days are gone, when
you could start a new article, like [[Colorado]].

Fred