[WikiEN-l] Colbert Report heads-up

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Aug 2 11:25:14 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/08/06, mboverload <mboverload at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What?  He asked people to vandalise the page.
>

> No, I'm saying that Colbert has no sense of good faith. Why would he
> just ask people to vandalise a page? Seems senseless.

Colbert's entire show is based on tongue-in-cheek parody.  In fact,
you could say the whole thing is intelligent "trolling".  It's usually
fairly funny, as the Wikipedia segment probably was.

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised he didn't mention something to Wikimedia
warning it before broadcasting that segment.

Anthony