[WikiEN-l] OT photocruft (was Re: Technical solution to bad fair use)

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Wed Aug 2 01:34:51 UTC 2006

G'day Steve,

> Actually the real problem is getting to the article after visiting the
> place, and discovering that someone has already taken a (better) photo of
> it.
>
> Amusing case in point:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rock_of_Cashel_inside_cathedral.jpg
> (my image)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rock_of_Cashel-castle_interior.jpg
> (existing image)

Ahh, yours is quite good.  Sadly, they're too similar to both use in an
article.

I took a photograph of Jon Stanhope the other day, and came home really
rather proud of myself.  But somebody got in first; that it's a better
photograph than mine hardly needs saying.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"