[WikiEN-l] OT photocruft (was Re: Technical solution to bad fair use)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:19:07 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
> Heh, my productivity machine is botanical gardens. Photo of label,
> whole plant, closeups of leaves/flowers, three steps to the left,
> repeat. :-) UC Berkeley botanical garden sez they have 12,000 taxa
> for instance, I've only racked up about 300 of them so far...

Bastard! I do European castles. I don't have a car. You have any idea how
long it takes to take those "three steps to the left"?

Actually the real problem is getting to the article after visiting the
place, and discovering that someone has already taken a (better) photo of
it.

Amusing case in point:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rock_of_Cashel_inside_cathedral.jpg
(my image)