[WikiEN-l] Technical solution to bad fair use

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:43:10 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
> I'm still a little mystified by this claim. To date I've uploaded
> about 2,000 of my own photos, and I can't recall a single article

Holy crap. 2000??? I've nearly uploaded 100 and was proud of *that*
achievement!!!

You're not the guy who has hundreds of photos of train stations across
the UK are you? :)

> where one of my photos has been replaced by a nonfree image. On
> the contrary, I see my pics showing up unexpectedly in additional
> articles. That's not to say replacement doesn't happen, no

I love it when that happens. A photo I took turned up unexpectedly as
the lead photo at:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_Singapore

Steve