[WikiEN-l] problem with wrongful block

Stephane Charette s_charette at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 22:14:05 UTC 2006

My username is S_charette:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:S_charette

My talk page:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:S_charette

There is another Wikipedia editor who didn't like the standard infobox template I added to a Canadian school article (his old high school -- he seems to feel he owns the article), and my edit kept getting reverted with highly suspicous edit summary tags.  I've tried discussing this with him in several places:

1) the school's talk page
2) the user's talk page
3) my own talk page
4) the education in Canada project talk page

My comments were reverted.  Today, that user posted my username on WP:AIV.  I've been blocked ever since by Royboycrash.  This isn't right, for several reasons:

1) I'm not a spammer or a vandal, which is the initial reason given for the block
2) I'm a regular contributor, vandalism patroller, and I've '''never''' been given a single warning prior to an immediate block today.

Needless to say, my feeling towards the wikipedia experience took a big dive today.  :(

Any help appreciated.  Yes, I would like to do whatever is necessary to take this to the next step, to get a proper review of what happened and determine how 1 disruptive user can successfully manipulate Wikipedia to get a valid contributor blocked.

Sadly,

Stephane Charette