[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Apr 23 18:10:54 UTC 2006

Katefan0 wrote:

>Ugh, when do we get to the part where I have to figure out whether a car
>loaded with apples going north can beat a train loaded with figs going in
>the same direction?

Elementary!  Since apples have smoother skins than figs there will be
less friction and that train will go faster. :-)
The problem where there are pears instead of figs is more difficult
because the skins are similar.  We would need to study the relative
aerodynamics of the two forms.

>The basic problem is one of ego. For a place that prides itself on
>collegiality among editors, and particularly among administrators, we simply
>step on one another's toes too often. I don't see why we need to have all
>this parsing and ABC'ing when what we really need is to tug on a few ears
>and remind each other that it's rarely polite to undermine someone without
>so much as a word.

Sure.  If the original administrator to take action feels undermined by
a single reversal it is a matter of putting his ego ahead of the good of
the community.  The reverter should explain what he is doing, but at
this stage an explanatory note with the revert will suffice.

Ec