[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:08:55 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Conrad Dunkerson <conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> There was an arbitration case on wheel warring not so long ago where the
> set of administrators who were adjudged 'wrong' were reprimanded or
> de-sysoped while the set of administrators who were adjudged 'right' were
> not... regardless of the degree to which each individual had engaged in
> 'wheel warring'. One admin was even PRAISED for 'wheel warring'.

The AC is not supposed to be setting policy, but interpreting it;
while this does, de facto, set policy to some degree, there was and
AFAIK still is no agreed-upon policy forbidding "wheel warring" (a
term I dislike because of its lack of real definition).  I personally
could not countenance punishing all admins who had reverted all other
admins' actions simply to make an example of them, when what they did
was not defined as "wrong" anywhere.

I do not think that the just way to get rid of the problem is for the
AC to decide on what the policy should be and then make examples of
admins until everyone 'gets the message'.

-Matt